(If no black butter is available use any high fruit content jam)
300g digestive biscuits
100g unsalted butter
1 jar/225g La Mare Jersey black butter (or high fruit content jam)
1 vanilla pod (split and seeds scraped)
3 tbsp water
Juice of ½ lemon
4 gelatine leaves
500ml double cream
300g Philadelphia cream cheese
- Blend the digestive biscuits and butter in a food processor until fine crumb stage.
- Press into 8 inch flan ring to make the cheesecake base.
- Soak gelatine in cold water
- Whisk double cream to soft peak and place into fridge.
- Split vanilla pod lengthways and scrape the seeds into a bowl adding the cream cheese and black butter. Gently whisk ingredients together to make a smooth base for the cheesecake.
- Heat the water and lemon juice in a pan until simmering.
- Drain and squeeze gelatine, remove pan from heat and whisk in gelatine.
- Add to the black butter and Philadelphia mix and fold in.
- Remove double cream from fridge and fold it into the Philadelphia mix.
- Add the cheesecake mix to the lined ring, spread and smooth out and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Run hot knife around the sides of the cake ring to remove the cheesecake and decorate to your choice.