This cauliflower cheese recipe sounds pretty tasty to us, though if you are making it don’t forget that the double cream will boost its fat/calorie content.
1 medium cauliflower
6oz (185g) PILGRIMS CHOICE Cheddar
4oz (125g) Self Raising flour
1 pint (475g) of milk
2oz (60g) butter
Tsp (5ml) English mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Tbsp (15ml) Double Cream
- Boil cauliflower until tender, drain and place cauliflower on kitchen towel to remove excess water, then place in an ovenproof dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add flour all at once with a little milk, beat with a whisk, slowly adding all of the milk. Keep heat low to prevent the mixture from going lumpy.
- Remove mixture from heat and keep whisking until smooth.
- Return mixture to the heat and bring to boil.
- Once the sauce has boiled reduce heat and add cheese, mustard, cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir the mixture until all ingredients are melted into sauce, and remove from heat.
- Cover the cauliflower with all of the sauce and top with the remaining grated cheese.
- Place in the oven (Gas Mark 6/200°/400°F) for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with warm crusty bread/steamed vegetables or salad.