Following the uncertainty and the possibility of a no-deal Brexit, the Portuguese Government has prepared a contingency plan to avoid, as far as possible, disruption for British travellers to Portugal.
The plan includes the following measures:
• Visa exemption (trips up to 90 days)
• Dedicated passport control areas/lanes for UK flights
• Possibility of mutual recognition of driving licenses
• Use of the Portuguese National Health Service
• Validity of UK travel insurance policies
• Provide simplified requirements for UK nationals´ pets
• Similar passenger security taxes
The message is that Portugal will continue to welcome British tourists!